How To Join Or Register Your Interest
Take advantage of the Freshers Fair to come along and talk to us – look for a dinghy or board outside and a large burgee banner inside. Sign up for a taster session at Grafham – first Saturday and Sunday of the Michaelmas term, and come to the CUCrC Squash. Details of time and place will be provided closer to the time by email, as well as on flyers at the Freshers Fair. If you cannot make these sessions, use the form on the Get In Touch page to register your specific interests on our emailing list.
The current student membership fee is £50. There is no fee for non-student membership, but you need to be able to help the Club with transport or training. The only regular cost for sailing and windsurfing at Grafham, after your membership fee, is for transport to and from Grafham Water – normally £5. For non-members there is a day membership fee of £10 when joining a Club trip to Grafham for which all the available spaces have not been taken up by members.
Student Membership is open to registered students (of Cambridge University – and elsewhere if full time and at a non-commercial institution). Non-Student (Senior Affiliate) Membership, with restricted sailing and windsurfing opportunities, is open to others associated with the University or with the City (but subject to General Committee confirmation and the member being able to help the Club in some way such as providing transport or instructing beginners).
The Fine Print
**By proceeding beyond this point, or by booking on a Club event, you declare the following**
- I confirm that I am capable of swimming 100 metres whilst wearing light clothing.
- I confirm that I am aware of the dangers of participating in an active water-sport, which include: drowning; exposure; injury from equipment; and water-borne disease. I appreciate that these risks are magnified by illness and I will not sail whilst feeling unwell. I am aware that a full risk assessment is available in the Club’s Regulations, maintained on this website.
- I acknowledge that the Club does not accept any liability for damage to or loss of property or for personal injury arising out of the use of club facilities, or participation in any activity organised by the Club, whether sustained by members or their guests. (But this clause shall not limit the liability of Club for any damage or personal injury resulting from its negligence or fraud.)
- I acknowledge that it is up to me personally to assess whether any club event or activity is too difficult or dangerous for me, to check the adequacy of my personal equipment, and to seek guidance before I participate. I confirm that I am of adult age (18 years of age or older).
- I confirm that I will abide by the Member Conduct, Health, Safety, and Welfare arrangements, and other provisions set out in the Club Regulations, whilst participating in any activity organised by or in association with the Club.
- When sailing or windsurfing at Grafham Water I will comply with the Grafham Water Sailing Club rules and safety regulations, as displayed in the clubhouse. I undertake to keep myself informed of any changes in these rules and regulations whilst I remain an active member of the CUCrC.
- I confirm that I will keep necessary medication available at all times and disclose any medical condition when signing up for any club event or activity. I confirm that I am medically fit to take part in club activities.
- I am aware that the Club takes no responsibility for the safety of members travelling to or from events and activities.
- I acknowledge that any sailing placements, trips, or activities found through but not organised by the Club are deemed outside of the Club’s liabilities.
- I agree to pay my share of costs incurred whilst sailing with the Club, including the cost of damage to craft that I am sailing in or on (where not covered by insurance).
- I confirm that I have read and fully understood the above declarations and undertakings and appreciate that failure to comply could result in my expulsion from the Club or other disciplinary action.
- By continuing with this registration process I confirm that all the information that I provide is correct, and I agree to the Club maintaining the data I submit while I am at Cambridge. (Please view our full data protection statement.) I declare and agree that upon my application for membership or activity participation being accepted I will fully comply with all Club membership and activity participation requirements.
2018/19 membership details will be added in June 2018.